Independent Fact Checkers
This is an art project to make a fediverse bot which acts as a fact checker but uses a neural net to generate relatively random gibberish, both as an artistic critique of fact checkers in general, and as a playful way to experience human/AI interaction.
This Is Misinformation!!!!1
- This is an AI, it generates gibberish, it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to consider it anything other than an amusement.
- “Real” self-proclaimed fact checkers get it wrong often enough that they’re mostly useless. And worse, they claim to know the truth so every time they make a mistake they are misleading people and potentially causing harm. This bot encourages people to question fact checkers and think critically.
How to run it
- copy config.example.js to config.js
- Register on goose.ai and get a token, place this in gooseAiToken in config.js
node bot.js init-> this will generate a URL
- Click the URL from a browser that is logged in to the user which you want to use as the bot. The webpage will output a token.
node bot.js init <the token from the webpage>-> it will say “Got teh terkin”
node bot.js– it’s running
How to use
- Send a fediverse message tagging the bot, and only the bot, which asks a question.
- It will reply with some sillyness.