Text File Compressor Web App
- Uses Huffman Coding for Text Compression
- Live Demo:
- Performs Lossless compression and decompression of .txt files using Huffman Coding technique .
- Each character is assigned a unique variable length binary code, instead of its 8-bit representation, with more frequent characters having smaller codes. A Huffman Tree is created and stored to generate and decode these codes.
- Compression ratio usually improves as the file size increases.
- An Info page is added to give more information about Huffman coding.
- Breaks down the process into three steps:
- Step 1 : Upload Your File
- Step 2 : Select Action
Step 3 : Sit Back and Relax
Required file gets downloaded automatically when process is complete
Compression – Compression Ratio is also displayed
Additional Instructions and Warnings are provided if the above steps are not followed correctly
- Website is Responsive
- Link at the bottom of the page links to an Info page that provides more information about Huffman Coding