Not-br (Chrome) Extension
✨This is an extension implementation of not-BR for (currently) Chrome. The extension is still in an early stage! To load it:
- Download the latest “Source Code (zip)” from the releases page (under “Assets”)
- Extract its contents wherever
- On Google Chrome, go to
- Check “Developer mode” in the top right hand corner on
- Click “Load unpacked”, then navigate to
- Click Select Folder, you’re done!
💽To use the extension:
- Right click on any website and click “Convert this page” to convert it to not-BR
- To adjust settings, click the notBR icon to open the extension popup panel from your extension toolbar (may need to be pinned from extensions list, see here)
- You can also convert pages from the popup panel
📑Known Issues and limitations:
- Page will not auto convert if it is loaded in the background on another tab
- Converted pages cannot be live updated by the settings, this is a performance limitation, but a smarter way to do this may come up later
- Pages may just get really messed up by the conversion, please feel free to report these as things can be done to mitigate this, but please be aware that I can’t selectively change features for specific webpages, every webpage is structured differently because the web is built on silly string!
- Text using angle brackets(<>) might get messed up, this is due to the way the parsing works, testing solutions for this, sorry!
- Investigate… whatever the fuck is going on with emojis (Potentially implementing GraphemeSplitter)
- Should probably filter out text/number inputs + textarea + contentEditable (Fix testing)
🥺Todo/nice to have:
- Font override and OpenDyslexic implementation
✏Let me know any feedback either on this repo’s issues page or at this Twitter thread