Isopets – A relaxing pixelated pets game
Isopets is a 2D, isometric pixelart game where you can take care of a virtual pet. My only purpose of coding this game is to understand how apps and games are made and to practice pixelart as it’s one of the game development skills I personally would love to learn.
I’ll be using the Electron framework as it (mostly) implies front-end development knowledge. I’m still learning JAVA so maybe one day, if the project is successful enough, I’ll re-code it completely so people can play it in mobile devices as well.
How to install
In order to install Isopets, you need to have the following dependencies installed:
Isopets can be easily compiled through CLI / Terminal with the following commands:
git clone https://github.com/Original-Developer/isopets.git cd isopets && npm install --save-dev electron npm install --save-dev @electron-forge/cli npx electron-forge import npm run make
If you run into any problems during the compilation, please check this.
Initial release – Base code.
- Create the GitHub repository.
- Complete the README.md file.
- Install Electron dependencies & Node modules.
- Create core directories & files.
- Set up the game’s app.js / app.html.
- Create base graphic assets.
- Implement assets in game, as well as develop core functions.
- Code Save / Load / New Game system.
- Omosborne for being so reassuring and helping me to come up with new, good ideas.
None at this moment.