Hello World – Clean project with only a few things to get you started
Puzzle Game – Match 3 puzzle game with HD rendering and high score tracking
Platformer – Platformer/shooter with procedural generation and destruction
Breakout – Breakout game with mouse/touch or gamepad control
Stress Test – Max sprite/object test and music system demo
- Extremely tiny footprint with no dependencies, less than 50 KB uncompressed.
- Can update and render 10,000+ objects at 60fps, often many times more
- Object oriented system with fast 2D physics and collision handling for axis aligned boxes
- Positional audio effects with zzfx and music with zzfxm, mp3s, or wavs
- Input processing system with keyboard, mouse, gamepad, and touch support
- Particle effects system (particle editor/designer in progress)
- Medal system tracks and displays achievements with Newgrounds and OS13k integration
- Several easy to understand example projects you can build on
- Debug tools and debug rendering system
- Full documentation automatically generated from the source code block tags with JSDoc
- Build system automatically combines everything, minifies, and removes unused code
- For size coding competitions like js13kGames, starter project builds to a 7KB zip with Roadroller
- Easily build a Windows executable with Electron for distribution on platforms like Steam
- Open Source with the MIT license so it can be used for anything you want
To easily include LittleJS in your game, you can use one of the 3 pre-built js files. These are also built automatically by the build scripts..
- engine.all.js – The full game engine with debug mode available
- engine.all.release.js – The engine optimized for release builds
- engine.all.min.js – The engine in release mode and minified
The hello world example includes a batch file build.bat that compresses everything into a tiny zip file using Google Closure, UglifyJS, Roadroller, and ECT.
Games Made With LittleJS
- Space Huggers – A more developed version of the platformer example
- Send me your games!