CyberVault – x18138284 – Shaurya Kumar – BSHC 4 Cyber Security – NCIRL
CyberVault is my final year project. This is a fully completed and authentic version of the source code base.
To run the application, please follow the following steps –
- Clone Github repository.
- Then initiate ‘npm run build’ to properly setup the next app on your machine after navigating to the cybervaultnext folder in cmd interface.
- Create a .env.local file in the main folder of cybervaultnext, a .env.sample file has been provided (same environment variables are to be setup)
- The environment variable keys will be provided with the github link in the .txt file that will be submitted for your convenience.
- Then in the cmd interface again navigate to the cybervaultnext folder and run the command ‘npm run dev’ to start the localhost:3000 server
- To setup the falsk/python application, first navigate to the flaskbackend folder and install all necessary dependencies (mentioned in the rquirements.txt file)
- Run ‘pip install -r requirements.txt’ in the cmd terminal when navigated inside the flaskbackend folder of the project.
- finally run ‘python faceAuthServer.py’ in the cmd terminal to run the flask server in the back-end (for facial authentication to work).
- Carefully configure the environment variables and run both servers together.
For testing purposes
- Please run ‘npm run cypress’ in the cmd line when navigated inside the ‘cybervaultnext’ folder of the project.
- Then inside the test runner you can select the test to run or run all tests together.
- Keep in mind to run the tests both servers must be running as well (flask and localhost).
- Specifically for the password manager tests facial authentication is required, so please register your facial ID as well.
- Please feel free to comment out the Idle Timer component from the _app.js file to avoid any inconvenience during the tests. (Not necessary)
*Future Implementation code has also been added in issues to have a look with a demo screenshot of its GUI implementation!